Asphalt shingles are the most popular roofing material across the United States and for good reason! They are affordable, sturdy, and offer a variety of colors and styles to choose from. Installation from a reputable roofing contractor is quick and easy and can last for years with proper maintenance.
What will a new roof cost me in the Houston area? Below is a breakdown of the cost based on squares. A roofing square is a measurement used by roofing contractors to determine the amount of material needed to install a new roof. 1 square is equal to a 10 x 10-foot area, or 100 square feet. Walton Roofing in Houston charges $400 to $600 per square to install a new roof. If you know the approximate size of your roof area, you can estimate the cost of your home. For an accurate cost and inspection, be sure to call Walton Roofing!
10 square = $4,000 to $6,000
15 square = $6,000 to $9,000
20 square = $8,000 to $12,000
25 square = $10,000 to $15,000
30 square = $12,000 to 18,000
There are three main types of shingles to choose from. Three-tab, architectural, and premium luxury shingles. Below is a list of the attributes offered by each.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
Due to the cut-outs in the material, this type of shingle is designed to look like three separate pieces of shingle.
- Lightweight – excellent for limiting extra weight on the roofing surface
- Affordable – with financing options, they can fit into any budget
- Easy to Maintain – simple roof repairs if needed
- Sustainable – they could be upcycled into paving, or as another asphalt product
- Can last 20 years, and longer with proper maintenance
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
- Sturdy – a more stable and heavier product than three-tab
- Durable – made from multiple layers of material, asphalt, and granular
- Appearance – can be designed to look like slate or cedar shake
- Installation is easy and repairs are simplistic
- Savings of up to 10% on installation costs thanks to federal tax credits
Luxury Asphalt Shingles
- Unmatched durability – thicker and heavier than other shingles making them easier to withstand wind, hail, and snow
- Can protect the home against fires and wind uplift due to the weight
- Boosts home value
- Budget-friendly in comparison to the roofing materials they mimic, such as cedar or shake
- Can last up to 50 years with proper maintenance
How do I know if it’s time for a new roof?
Here are some things to keep an eye out for.
- Water stains on the walls or ceiling of your attic
- Cracked or curled shingles
- Missing shingles
- Granules in the gutter system
- The roof looks wavy from a distance
- The roof has exceeded its life expectancy
- Higher energy bills
The next step to a new upgraded asphalt roof is deciding who to trust when installing it. Here are some key factors to consider that can save lots of hassle and money.
Use a company that lives in the area that you do. This company needs to understand the local rules, regulations, and permits for installing a roof. Each city has different guidelines, and it can be worrisome to trust an out-of-towner roofing company in Houston. Walton Roofing in Houston has been working in the area since 1961 and we understand the industry and the regulations quite well.
We take the time to discuss every aspect of your new roof with you and answer any questions you may have. We don’t have an interest in being vague or aloof when it comes to something as vitally important as your roof. We want you to feel confident in our skills and knowledge. We don’t believe in pressure sales tactics and desire to keep your best interest at heart.
Contact Walton Roofing in Houston today to schedule a free inspection and learn how an asphalt roof can keep your home secure and protected for years to come.